The role of the Steering Committee is to:
- Provide oversight in the design of projects and activities at the regional level.
- Identify and promote strategic partnerships, including the leveraging of resources.
- Identify key experts to lead the development and implementation of programmes, advocate for Future Earth programmes in their region.
The FEROSA Steering Committee is composed of an experienced vibrant team from multiple countries and backgrounds. The committee includes academics, practitioners from the public, and private sectors, non-governmental organisations, regional organisations, government representatives, and interested citizens from the region.
- Prof Stephanie Burton – University of Pretoria – (South Africa): Chairperson
- Dr Lisho Mundia – Ministry of Higher Education, Training and Innovation – (Namibia) : Deputy Chairperson
- Prof Alberto J Tsamba – Universidade Eduardo Mondlane (Mozambique)
- Mr Sonnyboy Shongwe – University of Eswatini (Eswatini)
- Mr John Lukonde Chongo – Ministry of Higher Education – (Zambia)
- Dr Rose Jaji – Affiliation & Country: University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
- Ms Nachi Majoe – ICLEI- Africa (South Africa)
- Dr Jane Olwoch – Southern African Science Service Centre for Climate Change and Adaptive Land Management – (Namibia)
- Ms Joanna June Fatch – AU/NEPAD Southern African Network of Water Centres of Excellence – (South Africa)
Ex-Officio Steering Committee Members
- Mmampei Chaba – Department of Science and Innovation – South Africa
- Daniel Nyanganyura – International Science Council – Regional Office for Africa
- Nomasomi Gasa – International Science Council – Regional Office for Africa